Support Services for MLPSI Schools
In line with other curriculum support programmes, support to all MLPSI schools operates on a regional basis. Each region has an assigned member of the Regional Advisor team working across the four target languages of the Initiative. The Regional Advisors work to provide a support service which builds on the Initiative’s work to date and recognises the evolving needs of schools as they work towards developing a more integrated language policy and whole school approach to language teaching.
Services provided by your assigned Regional Advisor include the following:
• Support through the MLPSI website at www.mlpsi.ie
• Support and advice for Principals and teachers in terms of language methodology, resources, cross-curricular activities etc.
• Facilitation of a whole-staff presentation on Modern Languages in Primary School
• School visits to assist in the implementation of a whole school approach, including a whole school plan, to language teaching and the Modern Language curriculum
• Support through the MLPSI National Coordinator and Kildare Education Centre
• Language specific support through CPD development days
• Facilitation of Induction events for new teachers
• Principals’ Seminars
• Ongoing contact and support by phone/e-mail/post